- Mail Tribune: Federal budget cuts threaten community health centers
November 13, 2011
Phil Michael, president of the Board of La Clinica Health Centers in Oregon, writes in the Mail Tribune about the role of CHCs in providing high quality cost effective care for the community.
- Community HealthCorps: New Community HealthCorps Alumni Spotlight is now shining on Amelia Goff!
October 17, 2011
RCHN CHF Project Coordinator Amelia Goff is featured in the Community Health Corps. Blog.
- Federal Telemedicine News: Managing the Influx of Data
October 11, 2011
In “Managing the Influx of Data” , FTN summarizes the presentations at the October 5th health information technology briefing “ Unlocking the Value of Health Data: Transforming Care Using Information Securely to Improve Efficiency and Quality, Advance Biomedical and Health Systems Research, and Promote Population-health.”
- KVOA: El Rio Health Center gets funds to help fight asthma
October 5, 2011
TUCSON – The El Rio Health Center is one of five community health centers in the country to receive a grant to help fight childhood asthma.
- Study Shows Community Health Centers Create Thousands of Needed Jobs While Providing Care to Medically Underserved Populations
September 14, 2011
The National Association of Community Health Centers commented on the new report by the Geiger Gibson RCHN Community Health Foundation Research Collaborative, titled “Community Health Centers and the Economy: Assessing Centers’ Role in Immediate Job Creation Efforts”.
- Geiger Gibson Program Names 2011-2012 Distinguished Visitor in Community Health Policy
September 1, 2011
A central feature of the Geiger Gibson Program in Community Health Policy at the GW School of Public Health and Health Services is the Distinguished Visitor in Community Health Policy, which recognizes a leader in the community health center movement.
- WUNC: Bending the Health Care Cost Curve
August 18, 2011
North Carolina Public Radio host Frank Stasio speaks with Peter Shin, associate professor of health policy and director of the Geiger Gibson program in Community Health Policy at The George Washington University, and Brian Toomey, CEO of Piedmont Health Services and Board Chair of the North Carolina Community Health Center Association.
- Accountable Care Organizations: Improving Coordination of Care
July 18, 2011
The Association of Asian Pacific Community Health Organizations (AAPCHO) podcast series explores timely issues of interest to the CHC community and beyond.